Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Global Text default

Tom Krowka
Booster
Is there anyplace in AC 12 I can set default text style for all placed text? I've been having a problem with ArchiTEXT font not showing up on PDF if I Publish-Save. So this is the work around I've come up with.

I've deleted the font from the Windows-Font folder. So when I reopen the .pln, all the font shows up with some default style. Which will show up on the .pdf, by the way. What I'd like to do is set the default to a different font style than what shows up right now.

I found a font description folder in the GS registry, but it only seems to control the font on the dialogue boxes, menus, in the GUI but not the drawings themselves.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
If I remember correctly, when you edit or create your template, open the text tool's settings and set it like you want it and then close it. Then Save the template. This will be the default for any text placed within projects made with this template.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Tom Krowka
Booster
So I would assume that I would have to do this for every element, like dimensions, labels, etc....anything that uses text. I was aiming for a global control that would change all the text defaults at one time in all those places. Most of them are "arial". That is the default out of the box; I was hoping to change the default.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Thomas Holm
Booster
Tom wrote:
...I was hoping to change the default.
Well, that's what you do if you change your template. If you use that afterwards, you won't have to repeat that procedure.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1