Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Globals. Something wrong in SLAB & ROOF_SKINS_PARAMS

rocorona
Booster
I was checking some GLOBALS, and noticed that the results of SLAB_SKINS_PARAMS and ROOF_SKINS_PARAMS are incorrect.

First of all, in the GDL User Manual they are stated as 12-rows arrays, while the rows are now 15 (see WALL_SKINS_PARAMS, where it is correct) and, in the description, lower line pen and upper line type, are swapped.

"array with 12 columns: fill, thickness, (old contour pen), pen of fill, pen of fill background, core status, upper line pen, lower line pen, upper line type, lower line type, end face pen, fill
orientation and up to 8 rows, core status: 0 - not part, 1 - part, 3 - last skin of core, fill orientation: 0 - global, 1 - local"

But the real trubble is about the values returned, that are always those found in the Setting dialog box, even if the "use structure settings" (?) check boxes are checked.

AC12 FULL 2172 ITA

--Roberto Corona--

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Roberto,

Thank you for drawing the attention to this area.

I fixed the on-line version of the GDL Manual. You can find it here: http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/gdl/manual/12 .

The bug about ignoring the colors from the attribute will be fixed for AC13.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
rocorona
Booster
That's great to see there is someone listening, and ready to fix errors if necessary.
I've worked on many user manuals (even those of some italian versions of ArchiCAD, GDL, and Cigraph's plugins), so I know how hard is to keep them correct and up-to-date. And how frustrating is to discover how many people ask --in forums or at the tech support-- for things clearly explained in the manuals...
I have a file, with a LOT of corrections for the GDL User Manual. Not all are really *errors*, and a number of them have already been corrected in the online version, but if Graphisoft is interested, I'm ready to send it.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
PM it to Zsolt!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
rocorona wrote:
I have a file, with a LOT of corrections for the GDL User Manual. Not all are really *errors*, and a number of them have already been corrected in the online version, but if Graphisoft is interested, I'm ready to send it.
I am really interested in it. I'd really appreciate that if you could send your list to me. It is much easier now to make fixes in the documentation since it is on-line.

Thanks,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
rocorona
Booster
Zsolt, I can't find your email address. Can you PM it to me? or tell me where to send the file?
Thanks.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Graphisoft Alumni
OK, I got your mail already and you see my address now, I think.

Regs,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
rocorona
Booster
I've sent it.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10