BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Graphic Override - Cardboard Model with Uncut Glass

Tincan561
Contributor
I noticed this graphic override in the AC20 new features videos, however I am unable to recreate the rules.

I can make make doors or windows entirely blue, however I am unable to override only the glass surface within a door or window and turn it blue, which is the result I desire.

Can anyone help or post the exported the Cardboard Graphic Override Combinations? A link to download the model they are using (MS Office Building.pln) would also work.
Archicad 26 Macbook Pro, Ventura 13.6.3
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can override only entire elements, not skins/components/individual Building Materials.
Those clips do the same: if you look closely you will see that all Doors, Windows and Curtain Walls are glass.
In the attached image you can find the GO Rule that overrides all Doors, Windows, Corner Windows, Skylight, Curtain Walls with the "Glass - Blue" Surface. (Curtain Walls were used to model many of the large complex Window surfaces of the building).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This other GO Rule was used to override all other uncut element types. Its criteria selects all Element types that are not Windows, Doors, Corner Windows, Skylights or Curtain Walls and overrides those with a white surface.

So this GO Combination is very similar to the default Cardboard model GO of ARCHICAD 20, with the difference that it uses two GO Rules for Uncut elements instead of one.
GORule-UncutNonGlass.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
And here is the Graphic Override Combination, which applies the two above mentioned GO Rules, plus the "Cardboard Model - Cut" GO Rule, which is the same as the default Rule available in ARCHICAD 20.
Tincan561
Contributor
Thank you very much!
Archicad 26 Macbook Pro, Ventura 13.6.3
Learn and get certified!