Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic Overrides and New Renovation Status

JKL
Contributor

I would like to have my "new" floor plan showing walls as blue like I have set up in my renovation filter, but all other elements (furniture, slabs, etc), not have the over ride. Currently I'm pinning the elements to the new renovation filter, but then I have to unpin them to show on elevations and eventually everything becomes a big mess between demo, new and elevations.

I think this is achieved in graphic overrides. So I attempted to make a new GO that had only the new walls displaying as blue, but it is still showing all "new" elements in the blue pen. GO is set to the newly made GO. If this is how its done can someone point me to a video explaining or really break it down Barney style for me so I understand, because for some reason GO reallllly boggle my brain.

Thanks SO much.

Here is what it looks like currently, the walls are perfect, the slab in the middle of the new I would like to be the same pen as the existing and not have the override-

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 4.57.45 PM.png

This is how I'd like it to work, and I accomplish this by pinning, but I'd like to just use GO to make it easier.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 4.59.13 PM.png

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

That should be fine.

I tried it with a wall and a slab, and only the wall was overridden.

Make sure you do not have a renovation filter active at the same time that is also overriding new elements.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Renovation filters will affect ALL elements.

So you are on the right track with Graphic Overrides.

The rule in your GO needs to have criteria set to look for walls and a renovation status of 'New'

BarryKelly_0-1663655725719.png

You then set the colours and override styles that you want, and you should find only 'new walls' will be overridden when you apply that particular GO with that rule.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thank you for the response Barry!  

I have the GO set as below, but it is still effecting other elements as above. Do I need to add additional filters?

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 8.03.14 AM.png

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
Solution

That should be fine.

I tried it with a wall and a slab, and only the wall was overridden.

Make sure you do not have a renovation filter active at the same time that is also overriding new elements.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27