BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Graphic Overrides not affecting object materials

jkershaw
Enthusiast
I have a graphic override that overrides a particular SURFACE to display as another surface (very helpful for creating a "systems" model).

The override does not affect the surfaces of objects - in this case the AC 20 casework objects such as "Cabinet Base Double Door 20". The only way I can get the GO to override the surfaces on a library part is if I first use the "override surfaces" within the object model tab - thus making all surfaces of the object to be the same. (Confused, yet?)

This cannot be working as intended. Does anyone know a way around this issue so that GOs will actually override the surfaces within an object?
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
bumping this as it seems you didn't get a reply and i have the same issue. did you get round it?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it is working as intended.
I think this is a limitation of this feature: it can override only whole elements, but not sub-elements within elements.
This means that it cannot override individual skins of Composite Structures, individual components of Complex Profiles, individual geometries within a GDL Object.
I think these would be a much bigger undertaking to program, hence the current level of implementation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!