Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Overrides not affecting object materials

jkershaw
Booster
I have a graphic override that overrides a particular SURFACE to display as another surface (very helpful for creating a "systems" model).

The override does not affect the surfaces of objects - in this case the AC 20 casework objects such as "Cabinet Base Double Door 20". The only way I can get the GO to override the surfaces on a library part is if I first use the "override surfaces" within the object model tab - thus making all surfaces of the object to be the same. (Confused, yet?)

This cannot be working as intended. Does anyone know a way around this issue so that GOs will actually override the surfaces within an object?
iMac Retina 5K 27", 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, 72GB RAM
10.15.7 Catalina
using AC since version 4.5
2 REPLIES 2

simonblencowe
Newcomer
bumping this as it seems you didn't get a reply and i have the same issue. did you get round it?
AC24 Windows 10 64 bit Intel i9 4.01Ghz 64GB NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it is working as intended.
I think this is a limitation of this feature: it can override only whole elements, but not sub-elements within elements.
This means that it cannot override individual skins of Composite Structures, individual components of Complex Profiles, individual geometries within a GDL Object.
I think these would be a much bigger undertaking to program, hence the current level of implementation.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions