Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic override rules works only for full 3d railing

Wlad222
Contributor

Why does graphic override only works for railing as gull 3d in elevation?! How can I fix this? I want the simplified option in my view options but it doesn't work!

Thanks,

Jože

vpr2.jpgvpr1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Create a new MVO that sets the simplified option for the railing and set the attributes as you want them to appear.

Then in the view that you want to override the railing, you set that MVO rather than a Graphic Override.

In you other views where you don’t want to override the railings, you use your other MVOs.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

It is probably because 'Simplified' and 'Schematic' are already overrides, so it is not possible to override them again.

They have there own attribute settings.

You will need to use the 'Full' display if you want to override the with Graphic Overrides.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Is there a workaround? I though overrides work globally and override everything. I love Archicad but those small "bugs" drive me crazy.

Solution

Create a new MVO that sets the simplified option for the railing and set the attributes as you want them to appear.

Then in the view that you want to override the railing, you set that MVO rather than a Graphic Override.

In you other views where you don’t want to override the railings, you use your other MVOs.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27