Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Graphisoft BIMCloud Annnounced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Today Graphisoft has announced its upcoming BIMCloud Solution. The following article details its most important features:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/graphisoft-BIMcloud-announced-in-tokyo.html

Based on the info in that article, what do you guys think about it? Is this something you are looking forward to using?
Is there any feature in particular in it you guys have been wishing for in the past?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be interested to see if realtime means that it is in real time. That would be awesome.
Matthew Johnson
Advocate
Laszlo,

While the BIMcloud announcement is good to see Graphisoft pushing ahead of the competition, I think a vast majority of the current users would like to see a greater commitment to finishing off the development of the existing tools. (Building Materials for all entities, a Mesh tool that generates documentation outcomes, Revision control natively).

The other software has been doing some of these well for some time that it can be an embarrassment to admit that we still have to use manual work-arounds for some of the things we do.
Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Matthew,
If you don't mind let us keep this topic about BIMCloud. There has been much discussion about what you are saying in other threads and they can be continued in those threds.
I would like this thread to be focused on this new development.
Matthew Johnson
Advocate
OK, But all I've seen so far about BIMcloud is a few press releases full of buzzwords and an emotional video clip showing how to make the logo. I don't want to rant about the other stuff but so far the details of what BIMcloud is going to do for my ArchiCAD use seem very thin on the ground.
Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with Matthew. BIMCloud is of little or no interest to me, but Archicad needs to address some basic functionality issues first.
I wish I knew more about it to have an opinion.

That press release was about as useful (information-wise) as a weather report in the Arctic circle in December.

All we learned from it was that GS held a closed-door event for a select group of companies and journalists during which they were maybe shown the actual tool and its capabilities? (hard to tell from the screenshots) and that it's going to revolutionize the way we work and collaborate.
Somehow.

And aside from a couple of marketing-style, bullet-points highlighting the major features (in a very generic sense and a vague way), we know nothing of how it does what it's supposed to do, or any of the features at all for that matter.

I suppose we have to wait until the actual release to know more about it ( and to form an opinion) and how it might be of benefit, but until then, I kind of have to echo the sentiment hoping that this isn't the primary, or the signature "New Feature" of the next version of ArchiCAD and all there is to version 18.
Rakela Raul
Participant
http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/smart_bim_cloud_by_obayashi_nec_graphisoft.html

There is more info here @ link abv
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Eduardo Rolon
Architosh article

http://architosh.com/2014/03/why-one-of-apples-most-notable-developers-is-winning-big-in-japan/?utm_...
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
To give some more food for thought here is another article that gives more detailed info:

http://www.upfrontezine.com/2014/upf-812.htm