cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Grasshopper - Archicad Live Connection | Points query

Josh Verran
Expert

I'm not sure if I have the right forum here (or even if this should maybe be posted on the Rhino - Grasshopper forum).

I'm having a bit of trouble with "points", in particular adding nodes that require point data as the input, but getting notifications advising that the data doesn't contain points.

I feel like I haven't worded that well, so perhaps this image will clarify.

There is a node called "Construct Point", which is being used successfully to place columns (anchor point).

Want to use those same points to create a curve/line, but getting notifications that no points are being found.

I'm only just starting on Grasshopper, so still have much learning to do.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 130054.png

ARCHICAD 18-25 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools - CI Extension by Central Innovation | Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-6700K @4.00GHZ | 32Gb RAM | Dual Samsung S27F350 1920x1080 | Nvidia Quadro P2200 5Gb
3 REPLIES 3

Gino Hansen
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Josh,

It looks like something is wrong with your Data Tree. Try to flatten the point output.

Data_Tree.png

Josh Verran
Expert

Thanks Gino

I'll do a search on what Flatten is, I have seen that on the right click, I don't suppose you could describe what that does?

ARCHICAD 18-25 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools - CI Extension by Central Innovation | Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-6700K @4.00GHZ | 32Gb RAM | Dual Samsung S27F350 1920x1080 | Nvidia Quadro P2200 5Gb

Hi Josh,

a short Info about this you can find here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRWoTzI9Co 

There are also a lot of Tutorials regarding the topic "Data Tree". I'm not an Expert yet, but some knowledge of this  is very important before starting advanced scripting.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!