Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Grasshopper – Archicad Live Connection not working on M1 iMac

zeyi
Participant

I am using Rhino7 and Archicad25 on M1 iMac. After Start Connection, the connection status is green and there is no error information shown in Grasshopper, but no models are generated in Rhino or Archicad, and the material or favorites pop-up window could be not loaded.

However, everything is fine on my older 2015 Macbook. Is there a compatibility problem for Live Connection with M1 Mac?

15 REPLIES 15

I am experiencing the same problem. Any update from Graphisoft? It seems that they have absolutely not interested in making the Archicad Grasshopper Connections stable and an usable product. Seems to be always in a Beta State.

Archicad 26 ARM, MacBook Pro M1 Max 64Gb, macOS Monterrey.
Gastmanator
Participant

I have the same problem. Archicad 24, Rhino 7, macOS Monterey. The connection is established, status is green but no data is exchanged. Even between Rhino and Grasshopper - elements from Archicad tab in Grasshopper are not visualized in Rhino.

Do anybody have idea where the problem is? 

Mario Sacco
Expert

Same problem on M1 Max Powerbook

MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
Mario Sacco
Expert

here the solution suggested by George from Enzyme, tested with few components

It works with AC24 and AC25 on M1 MAX Powerbook

If you have a brand new mac, and install Rhino 7 only, there was a bug in the GHAC that refers to the wrong Plist file.
To solve the issue, we need to navigate to
/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/
then rename the PLIST: "com.mcneel.rhinoceros.7.plist"
to: "com.mcneel.rhinoceros.plist"
Please note that the Library folder inside userhome is a hidden folder. You can follow this guide to access it:
https://www.lifewire.com/os-x-is-hiding-your-library-folder-2260833

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Grasshopper-Archicad-connection-not-connecting/m-p/...

MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
bauart
Participant

Amazing! Thanks @Mario Sacco for your answer! I tested it and seems to work for me! Great! I was quite disappointed with Archicad support/ Graphisoft, which was saying to wait for an eventual update with AC26... Quite nice that it can be solved very easily! 😄

The work around renaming the plist file seems to solve the connection issue, but my Archicad crashes just by linking a morph into the grasshopper connection. I am using macOS 12.3.1 on an MacBook Pro M1 Max 32gb. I have tried reinstalling everything from scratch, but still get a very unstable connection and an unsuable workflow. Please resolve this.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

I started with a new file but couldn't reproduce the issue. I'm wondering if this happens with any file, and if yes, could you please let me know the bugID number when Archicad crashes?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Alois Rosenfeld
Contributor

Hello,
I can relate to the problem of @Jaime-airc_digital . After reinstalling everything, and also renaming the .PLIST as mentioned above, my Archicad Crash, even for a new file containing only a hatch. Here is the Bug report that I submitted to Graphisoft: AC25-2022-08-09-13-33-31-6860
I was in contact with local Reseller Abvent and IDC, they said they could do nothing for me and I should get in touch with you (Graphisoft) directly.
Please note that I works well with Archicad 24. Could you give me assistance please?

macOS Monterey 12.5 | Archicad 25 Build 5010 | Rhino 7 | Live Connection 25 | MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB

Hello Minh,

Thanks for your reply, here is the Bug ID I just generated replicating the crash:

AC25-2022-08-10-08-41-53-8301

MacOs, Archicad and Rhino 7 are all updated to their latest versions and Archicad crashes just when trying to select in Archicad a morph to deconstruct from Rhino.