Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Grasshopper - Archicad Live Connection stablity

Josh Verran
Expert

I'm just using the 90 day trial for Rhino-Grasshopper.

Finding Archicad to be very unstable.

I have the latest updates for each software package.

Getting a crash about every 15 minutes.

Have tested on two PCs and get same result on each.

New files, new setups, but same results.

Is anyone else experiencing this and/or have any suggestions?

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
6 REPLIES 6
ryejuan
Advisor

Hi,

Got raise some issue in this post.

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Collaborate-forum/Archicad-Grasshopper-Live-Connection-Port-Numb...

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
ArkEide
Newcomer

Hello!

I have been using the connection for several AC releases however with 25 ac crashes constantly

mikas
Expert

I'll just make a humble wish here.

Please Persuade/Pay/Make a threat maybe (not plausible)/ at McNeill to make this thing sturdy, competitive, and make it a thing to continue - a promise.

This is the thing.

Although I haven't had time for this for ages, this still is the thing.

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Josh Verran
Expert

I have contacted McNeel and their response is shown below:

"The Archicad-Rhino connection is developed by Graphisoft directly. We have no control over this tool. I'd recommend contacting their technical support team directly and seeing if they are aware of it."

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
mikas
Expert

Oh, I was in the wrong impression about it. That's good, I guess now we can have it regardless of a third party, and get it improved.

So the AC tools inside GH are of Graphisoft programming too. But of course they are, they are the ones to have the knowledge for it, should have known better.

Anyway, I am happier paying my subscription now, after hearing this. Please keep up the work on AC-GH connection and polish it, make it solid (make that a wish from me). It will pay off eventually.

Thank You @Josh Verran  for the effort and info.

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
ryejuan
Advisor

Hopefully GS Tech team will see this post and do something about it.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards