BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

Grasshopper-Archicad connection not connecting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am totally new to try this feature, so I am using Archicad 23 EDU, and Rhino 6. I have installed the connection plugin, and the 'archicad' tab on grasshopper is already shown up. Then I did a test by making a slab in Archicad, and in GH I put the Slab parameter capsule, and right click on it and click something called 'extract/select a single from archicad'. Then the window of GH and Rhino were minimized only for a couple seconds, and then it went back again to the GH window, and nothing happened. Seems like I cannot extract or I think the connection is not working. Can somebody help me please? Thank you!
26 REPLIES 26

Hi I am trying to do, but I have 2 files the first 1 is com.mcneel.rhinoceros.7.plist that is the one that you said that have to be rename but the second one says com.mcneel.rhinoceros.plist, that is the New name, my question is how to do in that case because I can not rename the first plist file with the name of the second file. I Hope you can help me with this 

HI ArkMW how did you apply the solution ?, I am trying to do it but I have 2 files the first 1 is  "com.mcneel.rhinoceros.7.plist" and the second one is "com.mcneel.rhinoceros.plist", I am trying to rename the first file but I have no results at the moment to connect AC elements with grasshopper. I Hope you can help me with this.

I was nab;e to delete the file. It just kept getting recreated every time I started again. I don't have an M1 Mac. My next step will be an uninstall and reinstall of AC and Rhino.  sad face.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Hello everyone, I have a similar problem. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, manually deleting residual files and nothing works. I have Archicad 26 and I am trying to connect it to Rino 7 without success. I tried changing the file name and I have the same problem as them. Archicad is connected to Grasshopper, I can even bring in settings such as layers or pens, but when I click "set one element in Archicad" nothing happens, I cannot link Archicad elements with Grasshopper and the same if I create an element in Grasshopper, it does not appear in either Rino or Archicad.

Please, I need help.

Captura de Pantalla 2023-01-04 a la(s) 22.40.48.png

I was able to get the add-on to work after installing it by re-running the latest AC hot fix.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Gonzalo
Participant

Can you send me the link or what version of Archicad do you have?

We have the connection running on Archicad 25. Download the hot fix from the GS downloads page if you don't have the latest patch already and run it after you've installed the Archicad Grasshopper connection.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!