Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whether communication of data is supported in the parameter of object Archicad that is an array (dim) Attempt of communication of data from a matrix real number to parameter Archciad object (array) ends with a failure Attempt of direct input in a parameter(array of real number) through input parameter real number ends with a failure
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Your explanation is a bit short. Could you post a screenshot and a bit more detailed explanation? Maybe a screenshot of the Nodes network in Grasshopper?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
How to pass the array of values from the component of Grasshopper (integer or real or string type) in the parameter (that is an array) of object of Archicad 20 . On jpg file three attempts are shown . In all cases it results in crash archicad
leceta
Expert
array type variables are still not supported in the connection.

You can try to output your lists (arrays) to a txt file, and then read them from GDL. I used this method succesfully to input a bunch of polycurves to archicad, in order to feed POLYROOF command.
Anonymous
Not applicable
leceta wrote:
array type variables are still not supported in the connection.

You can try to output your lists (arrays) to a txt file, and then read them from GDL. I used this method succesfully to input a bunch of polycurves to archicad, in order to feed POLYROOF command.
Possibility record from GH in a file (txt, csv) and then reading from a file in GDL, that I use too, in this case me does not interest. At the active change of data in GH you must check to create a new file with rewrite, to bring in data of difficult structure. In ACE you must check a file for existence, to open him, count data of difficult structure etc. It is an only method while, but work with files it is not work with arrays. It is sorry.
leceta
Expert
the process of writing the txt file from gh could be automatized with python if necessary, and then, you would need to "rebuild and regenerate" in ACH... thats a pitty.

Wich is the nature of your data, why did you say its of "difficult structure"? Arrays structures are pretty simple, just two dimensional...

in my experiment with croof, i used a bunch o polylines, each of them has different number of points, and this could be managed automatically by the script with Buffer Manipulation...

in short, the process of regeneration, was quite "automatized", but the array variables support its a necessity, i am agree. I guess they are working on this feature.

good luck!