Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Green Surface Colour

GeorgieB82
Contributor
Can anyone tell me why random elements show up in 3d with a green surface. I have copied and pasted the same roof between two files created from the same base drawing and one is grey and one is green. The roof settings dialogs are identical.

rsz_1rsz_2017-05-31.png
AC25 UK Solo
Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K600
8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Could be graphic overrides, renovation status or a missing surface and it's defaulting to the pen colour.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
It might be a renovation filter override.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
GeorgieB82
Contributor
Can I change the default colour so on the rare occurance this happens that it will be less noticable?
AC25 UK Solo
Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K600
Barry Kelly
GeorgieB82 wrote:
Can I change the default colour so on the rare occurance this happens that it will be less noticable?
Sure if it is a renovation filter problem then you can change that in the renovation filter settings. You will want to change the override settings for either the 'new', 'existing' or 'to be demolished' status - depending what that element has been set as.
Or just don't use that particular renovation filter - use one that applies no overrides.

Graphic Overrides are the same (you can change their settings or just use a different GO) but they don't exist in version 19.

I don't think it is a missing material - sorry I mean texture as that normally shows as a black and coloured chequer pattern.
You can't alter that except to apply a surface material that isn't missing the texture or add a new texture to that surface material.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Barry, that would be a missing texture. If the whole surface is missing from the attributes, I've seen things default to the pen colour, which in my template is pen 2, red, so I see the elements as completely red. Sometimes it's pen 3, black, and they are black. When you inspect the elements, they show the surfaces as 'missing'.

That's not to say, it can't be renovation filter, just listing this as one of the (many many, these days) options that could cause it.

However, since it is a copy paste from one project to the other, my suspicion is missing attributes, in this case, surface.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Erwin wrote:
Barry, that would be a missing texture.
Yes thanks for the clarification Erwin, I meant texture instead of material.
I have amended my post in red so it makes a bit more sense.

A missing surface will show as a solid colour but I can't relate it to any particular pen - I am just getting a black surface no matter what colours my pens are.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Are you showing your pens as black in 3D?

I allways work with colour pens in all my views, and assign the black pen set only to the placed drawings on layout.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Erwin wrote:
Are you showing your pens as black in 3D?

I allways work with colour pens in all my views, and assign the black pen set only to the placed drawings on layout.
Yes I use coloured pens and black/grey for publishing.

I just did a little testing and it seems the missing surface colour is set to the current pen number 1 when the attribute is deleted.
Changing pen sets after that does not affect the colour.
But if you delete any other surface attribute then all 'missing' surfaces will change to the current pen 1 again.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27