Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grid tool dialogue strangeness

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Grid tool dialog(ue) box is weird. The bottom of it is off my screen (under normal working screen resolution) and i therefore cannot see the OK / Cancel buttons. If I make the screen res the maximum (but too hard to read with my ageing eyes), I can only just see the bottom edge of the dialog(ue) box, I can grab it but can't stretch it. Sides stretch o.k.

Also noticed that in normal screen res, when I try to grab the top edge of the grid tool dialogue box, it instantly drops down the screen about an inch, but doesn't change in size In high res it doesn't do anything.

The grid tool dialogue seems to be the only one that exhibits this behaviour. Anyone know why? Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers

grid dialogue.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
The grid tool dialogue seems to be the only one that exhibits this behaviour. Anyone know why? Anyone else have this problem?s
you need to turn off some of the panels in the work environment. the read-me on the website used to have the full installation details for it: which panels need turning off in the tool dialogue and which need turning on in the sect/elev tool dialogue, etc . . . but the new version of the grid tool seems to have this fixed up.

basically, turn 'off' everything you see greyed out in the tool dialogue in your screenshot. or download the new, fixed up version!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks ~/ben

Turned off panels as you suggested (wouldn't even have known there was an option to do that). Can now see OK, Layer and Cancel buttons, Yipee!

No stretchiness at all now, not even sides, I can live with that.

Tried with just one unused panel turned on, blank space at bottom reappeared (although somewhat smaller than before) and weird stretchiness resumed. Whatever!

Question: those greyed out, unused panels - are they ever required with this grid tool?

Thanks

Go Mooloos.
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
Question: those greyed out, unused panels - are they ever required with this grid tool?
no - hence the greying out?!
Go Mooloos.
bring those bells down this way and i'll clang them across your 'ead mate!

CANTERBURY!
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
no - hence the greying out?!
So why are they even there?
bring those bells down this way and i'll clang them across your 'ead mate!

CANTERBURY!
I seem to recall WAIKATO beat Canterberry earlier this season. Of course, finals time could well be a different story....
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
... Canterberry...
is that some kind of juice?

b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
s2art wrote: