BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grouping Labels with Lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else had a problem with grouping a label tool and lines?

Some of my labels need extra lines for multiple labeling, but I can't seem to group them. It isn't an end of the world problem, but it is irritating as i want to drag around some of the labels and keep losing lines.

Is this just something you now can't do in 11, because i just tried doing it in ArchiCAD 9 and you can do it. but it will only pick up the lines as well if you click on the label itself. if you click on the grouped lines it only selects the lines. Something isn't right, maybe it is an ongoing bug of some kind?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
insteresting... i just tried to reproduce what you describe and it looks like it's not pickingthe label when i select the lines but when i move them it moves the whole group.
btw make sure you haven't suspended your groups before moving everything
hth
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to move them around but only what i clicked on would respond.

when you group things the selection dots turn from the colour set (default black) to a dark green colour with a hole in the middle, but they don't change when i try to group them.

I now am using text and grouping a line to the text instead of using the label tool.

I have found the label tool can be effective for some things such as elevations for planning permission, but if you are doing a very technical floor plan with lots of notes i have found it infective.

Craig
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry, lets go back a step... can you group the lines (just the lines)?
can you group the label with something else (not a line- say another label or a wall or a a polyline or a circle)?

are your groups un-suspended when you move things that are grouped about?
what ac build do you have and what computer spec are you using? add this in your signature here so people can help you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i have added that spec there since i last posted on this topic.

My groups are on (un-suspended) and i can group anything (lines, walls, etc) but the label tool will not group with anything else.

It was possible to group labels and lines in ArchiCAD 9, but it wont work in 11.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This has never been possible AFAIR.

No grouping of labels or any of the dimension tools.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually this is quite funny, sounds like a lie to make myself look less stupid but, I just opened version 9 on my computer, and tried it and nothing happened. My colleague opened his version 9 and tried it and nothing happened either. however, yesterday he had version 9, and before i posted the first comment i asked him to try it to make sure, and it grouped a label with a line! No jokes

I know that doesn't make any sense but there is obviously a problem here somewhere!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bl** 'L!!
i swear i tried it when i posted and it sort of worked??!! as i described above it looked like the label was not been picked up with the rest of the group but i behaved like it was part of the group...
now it's not doint either: not grouping with any 2d elements such as lines, polylines, circles, whatever!
weeeiiiiirrrddd!
Learn and get certified!