BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Guide line by hovering ?

Mahmoud
Booster
Hi Everyone,

I found in some tutorials that a guide line cursor can show up by hovering on an edge of a wall or something without initially making one .
I only know there are two ways of making guide lines which are : dragging from screen sides or by pressing alt+L and draw a segment. But it would be really good to know that there is another way of making a guideline by hovering and make it permanent by triggering a key or clicking.

I don't have that in my Archicad version, when I hover I don't find a cursor for a guideline. So, would appreciate if you help me find the option for that !

Cheers,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend
These tutorials were probably old, since this behaviour has changed afaik with the "new style" guide lines. Nowadays you have two kind of guides: the permanent orange ones, and the blue lines, which are drawn on the fly.
The old orange ones were deleted after every step, thus behaving more like the new blue ones.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric Milberger
Advocate
ditto
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Solution
runxel
Legend
These tutorials were probably old, since this behaviour has changed afaik with the "new style" guide lines. Nowadays you have two kind of guides: the permanent orange ones, and the blue lines, which are drawn on the fly.
The old orange ones were deleted after every step, thus behaving more like the new blue ones.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!