BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HEELP!! custom curved ramp

Anonymous
Not applicable
has anyone ever created a custom curved ramp in the history of archicad?? it would be the achievement of the century if i could do it just once for an important project i'm working on.

i know archicad has a curved ramp tool but it only lets you follow a circular path not a custom one.

of course you can create a custom curved path as i have done using spline and then slab or mesh tool but this is not a ramp until one end is higher than the other.

I basically want this ramp to go from say 0 - 6 metres high at a uniform gradient.

i have tried objective (much of my hair was pulled out trying to get it to do what i wanted) but my conclusion is that the 'regular profile' does not, will not and never has any intention of following a 'defined' path you give it... only the path that regular profile wants to follow.

i could raise every randomly spaced mesh point individually calculating how high to raise each point each time... this would take 78,000 light years and i have only 2 days to figure it out.

any help is greatly greatly appreciated!!

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
i will try some of these approaches. thanks for your help!
custom curved ramp.jpg
Rakela Raul
Participant
Attached find a complex interchange built using the geometry from engineers (vertical, horizontal & cross-slope).
Only using Objective !! and of course with the huge help from Encina providing us with an unreleased version of Objective.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
cartann wrote:
Rampes Courbes in the Accueil site, that helped me with ramps.
Simple but effective.
The Accueil site is the personal page of Olivier Dentan. It is an eye opener, awesome GDL work, the ramp and other curved, spiral, and otherwise wiggly objects.

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
I could not agree more.
The chaines and the talus objects , in my opinion
are amazing!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Snap wrote:
"The Accueil site is the personal page of Olivier Dentan. It is an eye opener, awesome GDL work, the ramp and other curved, spiral, and otherwise wiggly objects. "

Somehow I cannot decompress this library parts. I get the message:
The winzip wizard cannot open this file. it doers not appear to be a valid archive."
I tried 7zip it does not work either. Is this a mac thing? Im on windows
adzik
Newcomer
No, it's not a Mac thing.

Everything I've gotten from there unpacked nicely. Try using WinRAR or downloading again/from another computer.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh, this I cannot say. I only use macs.
Is there such a difference? Objects for mac only?
I use the doubleclick method and voilá. No problem.
But some of the stuff are not zipped. Could it be
that you got one that is not zipped?

PS: Thanks for the answer Adzik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's mine RAMP: I used Olivier's object "Ramp Ellipse.gsm".
Ramp - PLAN.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
And 3D View
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Everything I've gotten from there unpacked nicely. Try using WinRAR or downloading again/from another computer."

I tried using winrar but still no success..... Thanks anyway.
Winrar & winzip decompresses the file to something.lib. But it is unrecognizable to archicad 12.
I have noticed that all library parts have *.gsm as a file extension name but this is not the case with oliver library parts. Do any of you get the *.gsm extention when you decompress the files from this site?
Learn and get certified!