Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HEELP!! custom curved ramp

Anonymous
Not applicable
has anyone ever created a custom curved ramp in the history of archicad?? it would be the achievement of the century if i could do it just once for an important project i'm working on.

i know archicad has a curved ramp tool but it only lets you follow a circular path not a custom one.

of course you can create a custom curved path as i have done using spline and then slab or mesh tool but this is not a ramp until one end is higher than the other.

I basically want this ramp to go from say 0 - 6 metres high at a uniform gradient.

i have tried objective (much of my hair was pulled out trying to get it to do what i wanted) but my conclusion is that the 'regular profile' does not, will not and never has any intention of following a 'defined' path you give it... only the path that regular profile wants to follow.

i could raise every randomly spaced mesh point individually calculating how high to raise each point each time... this would take 78,000 light years and i have only 2 days to figure it out.

any help is greatly greatly appreciated!!

21 REPLIES 21
adzik
Newcomer
Just add the unpacked folder into your current project using the Library manager and it should work.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I finally got it! I had to double click in winrar. Then extract the subfolders.
Thanks again!