Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HELP!!! Error while loading plan file! Module: Attributes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone Help with this (critical) error...

It has occured before to another solo project.

The error will turn all pens to black (the top ones anyway), and also dumps random stuff onto one layer... ie the ArchiCAD layer. It also causes us to lose infomation in sections/elevations. hence quickviews stuffed, and you can imagine the chaos therein.

The aftermath in opening the file is that if you go into Pens/Colours to look at the pens (to change them), ArchiCAD immediately crashes.

It seemes Attributes have been corrupted. I've tried opening a new file and merging in the affected file, and get the same error coming up.

I'm not sure what causes it, or if others have ever had it.

I'm not confident the Hotfix will fix it, but i'll (hesitantly) install it... even though there has been some mixed responses on it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated it. I have made a copy of the file, as last time it occured we were under deadline pressure, and had to manually move things onto correct layers etc (hours of work), and the project file was never the same. (we had to use quickviews linked to older versions of the project). The project was a mess.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am also getting this error on a plan I just saved. This is with ArchiCAD 9 in Windows XP.

I am currently in the process of upgrading my ArchiCAD APX addon from 7 to 9 and untill reading this I suspected this might be the cause.

Do you have a solution? Are you running any non standard addons?

As a workaround I've opened a different plan file that has pretty much all the same attributes and then after that when I open the problem plan (without closing ArhchiCAD) it still gets the error but the attributes from the previous plan are in place.

Thanks,
Adam
Djordje
Ace
If you have another file (template?) export the attributes using Attribute manager, and then import them into the corruped file.

Also, see the advice about Forward merging in the Tips&Tricks topic.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Similar problem posted here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9284

note: upgrade up to AC 2172, this helps go round other older bugs, but will not help to solve your problem.