BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

HELP! Error with shading

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

When I use any type of shading device in my project, simulation does not work!
I get the message "Offset values in shading schedule invalidates shading, fin, constraints ((90 >= eth + offset >= 0) > (90 >= thorn + offset >= 0))."

Problem can be solved if I select "Solar Analysis off" for some openings. But it will affect the results of a simulation

What should I do?
3 REPLIES 3
Miklos Sved
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi aleksey51,

Please upload the file in question here:
https://graphisoft.sharefile.com/r/re9acd26ed9348de8
aleksey51 wrote:
Hello

When I use any type of shading device in my project, simulation does not work!
I get the message "Offset values in shading schedule invalidates shading, fin, constraints ((90 >= eth + offset >= 0) > (90 >= thorn + offset >= 0))."

Problem can be solved if I select "Solar Analysis off" for some openings. But it will affect the results of a simulation

What should I do?
GSHQ Technical Support will investigate it.

Best Regards,
Miklos Sved
Graphisoft Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

I found another problem in the file which I uploaded. In simulation report values for net energy for heating and cooling are zero! I posed maximum and minimum temperatures in the schedule respectively 26 and 19C, and added heating and ventilation systems. However, the values are zero, and I can not understand why. Previously was everything ok! Is it possible that these problems occur due to hardware?

I have to hand over my project soon, but I still don’t get the correct results! H E L P!
Learn and get certified!