BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

HELP: GDL - Picture Frame Object Duplicate object problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to find a post about my problem but couldn't. so please help me!

I created a set of FIRE Signage objects.

I used the picture frame object from the Archicad template (16).

To edit them I followed these steps:

1. I copied the object in windows and renamed the object in windows. (FB1, FB2, etc.)

2. I added the library of all of the jpeg's to my Archicad template. (Jpeg's named to correspond with object: FB1, FB2, etc. I checked if this was the duplicate it picked up but it wasn't)

3. Opened each Object on its own.
- Under parameters I add a text field (just to reference back to the supplier.
- Under the preview picture i paste in a new preview picture from another instance of Archicad where i opened the jpeg.
- In the 3D Script i change the name line to correspond to the file name.
! Name : FB29.gsm
- I change the picture it looks for to correspond to the jpeg i loaded in my template:
gs_picture_name = "FB29", fr.....

4. I loaded the folder where they are kept (not in the Archicad 17 library, even tested from desktop) as a linked library.
If i only load the first 10 (and 13) then it does not pick up any duplicates, but when i add them all it picks up 81 duplicates (there are 81 objects). When i load them without any images loaded they still pick up duplicates.

5. I did check my BIM Library, there are not loaded there.

6. I did remove all linked Libraries and only linked the Fire Signage objects Library, and still.

7. I created them all in Archicad 17. so i tried to test them in Archicad 16, but it didn't pick them up.

- I don't know much (or anything about GDL scripting) so i believe the problem is there.

Please let me know if you have had a similar problem or if you know how to fix my problem!

I'm trying to add 2 jpeg's to this post for you to see but i cant seem to figure out why! will edit as soon as i figure it out!

I did read this post after doing the edit but still didn't help me much:

www.archicadwiki.com/CustomizingPictureFrameObject

[/img]
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another image that shows the GDL script of the object

[img][/img]
Duplicate object problem gdl object open.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Andre Krige,

The first Step is wrong. You have to use the" Save as" to duplicate objects. Not to rename them in windows!

ArchiCAD identify the objects by its GUID not their name. (So it is possible that you have duplicated objects with different name. but the same GUID) If you want different GUID than you have to use the "Save As"...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Endre,

Thank you very much! worked like a charm!

(Stupid mistake, but good way to learn!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andre wrote:
Hi Endre,

Thank you very much! worked like a charm!

(Stupid mistake, but good way to learn!)
Don't you want to share you Fire Signage library parts, I would really appreciate it.
Learn and get certified!