Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Has anyone had success in "mastering" the Stair and Railing Tools?

4hotshoes
Advisor
I find that I can create stairs with mostly predictable results. I can create a straight Railing as a fence or a wainscot or various guardrails with mostly predictable results. Some times I can get a railing on a straight stair to work as I want. But I am completely baffled on how the Railing Tool and the Stair Tool talk together when a landing is involved.

As complex as both tools are, how can anyone be certain that it is not just a buggy Tool problem? I see inconsistent results and no suggestions or proper training from Graphisoft to make them work together as they claim. I do not see much chatter about working with Stairs and Railings. Is that because people have it figured out? Or have they given up on trying?

If there is a way that people have found that does work, I would like to know. I am too new to know if this discussion has been exhausted already.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
3 REPLIES 3
Hello 4hotshoes,

I invite you to see these 3 great movies (made by Eric Bobrow) :
n°1 -
n°2 -
n°3 -
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
BPETER
Participant
About Stair tool, does everyone start a stair with tread ? or how you set the connection if the stair starts with riser? i can`t start a stair with raiser and set the flooring thickness, i can do this on the ending of the stair but not where i start the stair. In the next example you can see the connection for the top part and the connection problem from the first riser. I think its missing a control point under the riser setting to control flooring finish thickness. The yellow part doesn't have the option to set a custom value
BPETER
Participant
The short version. Where can i control this offset? without starting the stair with a tread than trying to hide it.