BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Have a hard time with closures for windows and doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

Actually two things I'm struggling with and can't get it done.
First is outer finish brick layer and its closure over the window. I want it to be same width as window frame, in other words can I control a width of a turn ?

Second is door and plaster turn for door, I can't make inner thin plaster turn towards door like it is for window. it turns only if "consider skin as plaster is unchecked" but in this case it turns by penetrating core which is bad, I will try to paint how I want it to be on second attached image.

1 is current image , 2 is desired result

Not related to above question directly but just curious, why Archicad allows core to be penetrated at all ?

Best Regards !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jan wrote:
My goal is to understand why archicad shows menu "turn plaster" frozen for hinged doors while for user Lingwisyer it's not frozen as you can see above.
This is because you probably have your casings on.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Lingwisyer
Guru
For the window, would changing the Reveal Type then use the Custom Closure to set a custom thickness to the external turn.

Regarding the door, can you show what this setting is? Is it the Custom Closure? Do the standard returns not work? Also, which version of AC are you using?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, appreciate your help, thanks.
Using AC 24, on your uploaded image plaster around the door is ok, what is your settings ? Can you please share the simple file?

For window that bottom turn it is still not that, I want turn to end where window frame ends, see picture, those vertical lines are turn width I want. in other words I want to control width of that turn to set it as much window frame requires, or go even beyond (inside window opening).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok , I got windows working like I want, but still struggling with layer around a door opening.
Lingwisyer
Guru
For the door I turned off the Wall Closure and just set the plaster turn to automatic.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
when I'm setting closure "No Closure" it disables "automatic" checkboxes

why I can't just use "finish closure" option or other from list and instead of how it is letter "a"
make it look like on "b" ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"For the door I turned off the Wall Closure and just set the plaster turn to automatic."
yes but in my case those "turn plaster" settings are frozen for doors, even when set to "No Closure" they are frozen, any idea why ?

in short how to achieve results like inside red rectangle on a picture?
Lingwisyer
Guru
I remember someone else in the past having issues with those settings being locked, but I do not recall the solution... It is probably somewhere around here...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
I remember someone else in the past having issues with those settings being locked, but I do not recall the solution... It is probably somewhere around here...
Yes they are locked and it makes that turn impossible, might it be Archicad bug ? would be nice to find that topic you mentioned to know whether or not he found a solution.
Overally I found kinda workaround by using another door type named "storefront", which has plaster turn unlocked. Looks like hinged doors have a problem.

Anyway why hinged doors "turn plaster" options are frozen, anyone have any idea ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to combine Reveal (With the last option) and Wall Closure (with Plaster Reveal Option).
In the Reveal Setting you can control both sides respective skins.
Just checked the 2d and its ok.
Hope this helps
Learn and get certified!