Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help! Can't place walls in my plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"As a result of the last operation, , Elements have been created and/or have changed their position on currently unseen stories."

It was working fine until I placed a door on a wall which then did not appear on my plan. I right clicked into story settings (ctrl + 7) and added a floor below. It did not work so I deleted that story and looked for another solution. I then tried to place a wall on my plan but then that message appeared.

I can place slabs, furniture etc on to my plan but for some reason I can't place walls.

Please help.

Thanks,
Chris
2 REPLIES 2
felcunha
Expert
Take a look in their default settings, the walls may be far above (or below) the level you see in your plan.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Chris:

The simplest way to handle Walls is to confirm that they are set to the current story (Geometry and Positioning > Home Story) and they are Symbolic (Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories: Home Story Only and Floor Plan Display: Symbolic). This way they will be placed on the current story, and ignore the Floor Plan Cut Plane (FPCP) which allows for the walls to appear on multiple stories but increases the complexity of their display options.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14