BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help! Elevations look like sections in AC11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

We're having some troubles with elevations in AC11. Sometimes they come out looking like sections where you have a section line with markers at both ends instead of a single marker in the middle with no "section line". This happens even when we use the Elevation tool to create a new elevation and it still comes out looking like a section line. It does appear under the Elevation tree though.

Since the tools were separated in AC11, I can't seem to find a way to change the look of elevation lines. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
sfoo wrote:
Hi,

We're having some troubles with elevations in AC11. Sometimes they come out looking like sections where you have a section line with markers at both ends instead of a single marker in the middle with no "section line". This happens even when we use the Elevation tool to create a new elevation and it still comes out looking like a section line. It does appear under the Elevation tree though.

Since the tools were separated in AC11, I can't seem to find a way to change the look of elevation lines. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Check where you have the elevation line positioned.
If it passes through the model you will still get a setion view.
Be careful as the elevation marker can be separated from the section line - so they may be in two different locations.
i.e the maker in font of the model but the section line passing through the model.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, but I think you may have misunderstood me.
I'm not talking about the view you get when you open the elevation. Rather, I'm talking about what the marker and section line look like on plan.

In AC10 and prior, there was one tool and you could set the properties of that tool so that you either had:
- a section line with optional markers on either side of the line; or
- an elevation marker in the centre of a non-printing section line

In AC11 it got separated into two tools. Each tool was supposed to give the right look in plan and as far as I know there is no way to make section lines and markers look like an elevation marker on plan. That's ok I guess when it works, but right now my elevation markers look like section lines and I don't know how to change them in AC11...
Barry Kelly
sfoo wrote:
Thanks Barry, but I think you may have misunderstood me.
I'm not talking about the view you get when you open the elevation. Rather, I'm talking about what the marker and section line look like on plan.

In AC10 and prior, there was one tool and you could set the properties of that tool so that you either had:
- a section line with optional markers on either side of the line; or
- an elevation marker in the centre of a non-printing section line

In AC11 it got separated into two tools. Each tool was supposed to give the right look in plan and as far as I know there is no way to make section lines and markers look like an elevation marker on plan. That's ok I guess when it works, but right now my elevation markers look like section lines and I don't know how to change them in AC11...
I understand what you mean now - but I don't know why it is happening.
The only solution I can think of is to change the marker type to the default V11 marker if it isn't already.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
sfoo:

Go to Model View Options > Options for Construction Elements > Show Section and Elevation Markers, this will allow you to set both the Section and Elevation Markers either to the middle or the ends.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!