Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help - Wall intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a facade, and I'm making it all with wall

The problem is that they seem to intersect well in one direction and when they intersect in the other way the program automatically extends the wall.

I've checked the priority settings and I can't finde the problem.

I attach an image where you can see.

Thanks you very much.
4 REPLIES 4
RandyC
Advocate
Could one wall be slightly lower or higher than the others ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Sergi:

Sometimes I have been able to solve this by selecting one Wall and changing its Junction Order.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
alemanda
Advocate
This my standard method to model the facades.
I put all the elements of the facade on a layer with a different intersection number so that the walls used to model cladding and the wall of the building enclosure don't connect each other.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
DGSketcher
Legend
I had a similar problem when trying to create a vertical interlock with the base of one complex profile passing below the top of another complex profile.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)