BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help with meshing please!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure there is a very simple answer to this question...

I've been creating a very detailed mesh for a site landscape. I am now adjusting the mesh to fit the proposed plans, which include flattening out a large section. To do this I need to remove many of the nodes I have placed to create levels on the existing mesh. How do I do this?!
Previously I have just been moving them to other points and matching the levels, but in this case I would need to do this with well over 100 nodes. So deleting them would be a much easier and quicker option- if only I knew how!

Many thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Emily,

Try this:
1. Create a hole that covers all the nodes that you need to delete;
2. Delete the hole.

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Paulo,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried that suggestion and I have tried it a few times. Every time, it works on plan, however when I switch to 3D my computer seems to go crazy and refuse to show my model. On the one occasion where it did show my model, there were huge mesh points coming out from the corners of where the hole had been!!

How frustrating!

Emily
Anonymous
Not applicable
Emily,

Have you read the mesh topic at the ArchiCAD Reference Manual? This is a straight forward process.

Perhaps those lots of nodes that you had make coincident are causing the error...

Can you correctly view the mesh in the 3d view without applying any hole?... I mean... The original mesh...

Can you post a mesh 2d and 3d screen shot?

Also in future, please put your ArchiCAD version and operating system specs in your signature, as some problems are version specific.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Have you read the mesh topic at the ArchiCAD Reference Manual? This is a straight forward process.
Not a straightforward process. This level of complexity is not explained in the help menu... Im dealing with the same issue...

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=161827#161827
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is, I don't want to delete the mesh points, I just want to change SOME of the points on a given line. Is it possible to split the mesh line itself? The split command splits the entire mesh...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems we have two nearly identical topics running. Anyway I have posted an example of how I like to edit contours at vimeo.com/8708120
Learn and get certified!