Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Hi! Two questions for start

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All!

I am very happy that i can join your community! At the beggining I have two questions!

1. I use an International student version of Archicad. I've spent on project over 25h of work. Now I would like to change material symbols (fills) in 2d view for European one. What is the fastest way to do so?

2. What methods do you use guys for managing the junction order? I still have a problem with brick wall interfering with roof (going trough ).

3. Bonus question: If my wall just ends. And I would like to have plaster on the side instead of visible all layers what should I do?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Michal wrote:
Hi All!

I am very happy that i can join your community! At the beggining I have two questions!

Hi Michal,
Welcome to the forum.
May I suggest that when you have multiple questions that you ask each separately and give them a title that is relevant to the problem.
That way it makes it easier to reply, for users to search for future reference and will give other readers an idea if it is a problem they are interested in.

Michal wrote:
1. I use an International student version of Archicad. I've spent on project over 25h of work. Now I would like to change material symbols (fills) in 2d view for European one. What is the fastest way to do so?

I am not 100% sure of what you mean here.
If you mean the Building Material plan representation then you can simply swap your elements to use a different Building Material.
If it is a composite element (i.e. a wall) then you can swap to a different composite if you have one that suits or edit the composite to change the individual Building Materials.

Michal wrote:
2. What methods do you use guys for managing the junction order? I still have a problem with brick wall interfering with roof (going trough ).

Walls and roofs will trim based on the strengths of the Building Materials used in them.
Stronger BMs will cut weaker ones.
So it may be a case of changing the strengths of your BMs.

Michal wrote:
3. Bonus question: If my wall just ends. And I would like to have plaster on the side instead of visible all layers what should I do?

Try the 'Wall End' tool.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Barry Kelly
Michal wrote:
Hi All!

Hi Michal,
Welcome to the forum.
May I suggest that when you have multiple questions that you ask each separately and give them a title that is relevant to the problem.
That way it makes it easier to reply, for users to search for future reference and will give other readers an idea if it is a problem they are interested in.

Michal wrote:

I am not 100% sure of what you mean here.
If you mean the Building Material plan representation then you can simply swap your elements to use a different Building Material.
If it is a composite element (i.e. a wall) then you can swap to a different composite if you have one that suits or edit the composite to change the individual Building Materials.

Michal wrote:

Walls and roofs will trim based on the strengths of the Building Materials used in them.
Stronger BMs will cut weaker ones.
So it may be a case of changing the strengths of your BMs.

Michal wrote:

Try the 'Wall End' tool.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Regarding #2: we do not use trim but use Solid Element Operation with substraction with upward extrusion.

Typically sloped roofs will arrive at the buildings site as prefab elements, so connection with building priority are not really needed here.

We model sloped ceilings seperately from the roof.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You Barry for suggestions. I will ask questions separetly next time.

In the first point what I meant is how to change the hatches. For example, in my model in 2d view when you look at cut elements, concrete block material has this checked pattern, but in Poland we use continouse line pattern tilled 45° next to each other and small circles in between. And I've tried introduce overide rules and make costum hatches but it overides the fill in whole member (different layers are no longer visible). I am flustrated as I try to figure out how to do this 3th day and I cant hand over my projects to the teacher like that.

Thank you!
Barry Kelly
Michal wrote:
Thank You Barry for suggestions. I will ask questions separetly next time.

In the first point what I meant is how to change the hatches. For example, in my model in 2d view when you look at cut elements, concrete block material has this checked pattern, but in Poland we use continouse line pattern tilled 45° next to each other and small circles in between. And I've tried introduce overide rules and make costum hatches but it overides the fill in whole member (different layers are no longer visible). I am flustrated as I try to figure out how to do this 3th day and I cant hand over my projects to the teacher like that.

Thank you!

Graphic Overrides will change the entire element and not just individual parts of an element.
You need to go into the Building Material settings and change the fill used for your concrete BM.
If you don't have a fill that is suitable because your file is not based on a standard Archicad template, you can use the Attribute Manager to bring in the standard fill from a template file - or from any other file that has the fill you want.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27