BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Hidden features in AC12 doors and windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone seen what appears to be an hidden feature in the script of AC 12 doors and windows?

The way I see it, GS is bringing Demo/new capabilities to ArchiCad.

Maybe next version?
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Krippahl wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Yes and no. A lot of future features show up in the special menu before they become active functions of the program, and the curved wall method appeared in GDL before it became available to the wall tool.
On the other hand, afaik, curved complex profiled walls did get stuck on 10 because they did not pass the Beta test.
No they weren't even in the beta as I recall.

And curved roof elements have been in the GDL since, I think, the mid-ninties.
Still, the question remains. Why are those variables tucked in there?
That, of course, remains to be seen.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to have this as a real feature, and it seems like it would be pretty easy to implement at least for the demo mode. If clicking demo turned off all the 3D commands and the wall hole part, and just made the 2D part into a dashed line type, maybe with a fill color behind to indicate a new wall. I'd try it myself on a simpler object, but the door and windows objects are so complex I think it is a little over my head at this point.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we gonna se more options in View options that we could use in our GDL scripting in some way, we got one in AC12. And maybe this parameters is something that will be implemented. But that's is an answer too the future. Now we could use this parameter in our schedules.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Re D/E/N windows....

I'd like to see that the windows and doors can be assigned to different layers from the walls they're placed in. If I could place a window on a demo layer, turn off the demo layer in the new view, and place a new wall segment in the hole in the existing wall that the demo'd window was in... well, that would work OK for me.

The idea of D/E/N parameters blows my mind a little bit. In a good way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jocelyn wrote:
Re D/E/N windows....

I'd like to see that the windows and doors can be assigned to different layers from the walls they're placed in. If I could place a window on a demo layer, turn off the demo layer in the new view, and place a new wall segment in the hole in the existing wall that the demo'd window was in... well, that would work OK for me.

The idea of D/E/N parameters blows my mind a little bit. In a good way.
You know that in the same way you want to put a New wall in the demolition opening, you can put a Demo wall the same length as the door/window with the door/window in it? Otherwise, with doors and windows on different layers, if you turned off the Demo doors how would you know where you had to infill the opening?
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
I would think that if the windows/doors were on their own layer(s) seperate from the wall and then you turn that layer(s) off then the window is no longer there to cut the hole in the wall, so there would be no hole to fill?.
Saves having all those bit's of wall floating around the place.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart wrote:
I would think that if the windows/doors were on their own layer(s) seperate from the wall and then you turn that layer(s) off then the window is no longer there to cut the hole in the wall, so there would be no hole to fill?.
Exactly. But in reality if you remove a door or window from a wall there IS a hole to fill.
Anonymous
Not applicable
own layers for everything on a drawing is old-thinking. Learn the "new" way!
There are alot of new modellingsoftwares that won't have layers at all and I must say it's often much easier to work with. I have not worker with Revit but it's only objectoriented and not doesn't use layer?
Learn and get certified!