BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hidden line / wireframe / shaded views in 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way to change the appearance of 2d views (plans and sections) to be hidden line or shaded, instead of wireframe?

Hidden line is most critical at the moment as I do not want to change layers of single objects just to make trees that are behind a wall not appear within my sections.

Shaded 2d views would however also be interesting, showing for example floor materials on plans.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
as far as elevations and sections are concerned I think this is what you need. I dont understand why you have wireframe problem.. Archicad automatically erase lines that are behind other lines..
Anonymous
Not applicable
and this for the wireframe.. do you see sth else ?
wireframe thing.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Setting fills to materials makes them show up in all views, I would like to switch back and forth between shaded and hidden line view without re-changing every material.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You change the Section / Elevation settings (not the material) as per WENDY_NEVERLAND's first reply.

Unfortunately you cannot save one view with materials empty and one view with materials shaded - is this what you are getting at?
Screen shot 2013-11-08 at 1.17.41 PM.png
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
Unfortunately you cannot save one view with materials empty and one view with materials shaded - is this what you are getting at?
True but you can set up a second elevation looking at the same part of the model but with different settings.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
s2art wrote:
True but you can set up a second elevation looking at the same part of the model but with different settings.
Barry.
Yes you can, but you must also remember to copy any 2D info between the two views - notes, lines, fills etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! It's to bad that's not possible but I least I can stop searching for a way
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
s2art wrote:
Barry wrote:
s2art wrote:
Barry.
Yes you can, but you must also remember to copy any 2D info between the two views - notes, lines, fills etc.
Not if you set up a layercombination for only annotation / 2d layers and overlay a view with that combination on top of your colour shaded view.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!