Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Hide Locked Layers in Pop-Up Palettes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have put a check in the Options > Preferences > Dialog Boxes & Palettes > Hide Locked Layers in Pop-Up Palettes 'box' and nothing seems different
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Jay

Have you tried locking any layers?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
On any particular Quick View Many layers are locked, but are still showing in the 'flyouts'. Maybe I don't know what Pop-Up Palettes means?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The locked layers should not show up in any pop-up list. The quick check is in the Info palette, but this is also true in settings dialogs etc. This has always worked for me.

Are you sure you clicked OK and not CANCEL when closing the Prefs dialog?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
The locked layers should not show up in any pop-up list. The quick check is in the Info palette, but this is also true in settings dialogs etc. This has always worked for me.
That's what I thought. no go for me. Is it working for you on both OS's (Mac & PC)?
Are you sure you clicked OK and not CANCEL when closing the Prefs dialog?
Checked the Check of the Check box and yes it is checked.
tsturm
Newcomer
How about locked layers in a Team work project.

I find that layers which are locked in my own work area do not show up in the pop out list but layers which are locked and outside of my work area still show up.

My thought is not showing them at all in the pop out list if they are not in my work area. If I want to see something, then I can make it visible in the layers setting box.

While using Team work I only want to see my work area.

anyone out there got another suggestions on how to better Teamwork?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
tsturm wrote:
How about locked layers in a Team work project...
...While using Team work I only want to see my work area.
I agree. I can't see any reason to want other team member's inaccessible layers in the pop-ups. (I have to admit I don't recall noticing this myself, but our teamworking has been pretty simple lately.)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!