BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hide a stair in a view

Johann_P
Advocate

I have 2 identical stairs in a plan.

I would like to hide one stair without creating a separate layer for it, but still show the other stair.

What would be the best way to do this?

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
5 REPLIES 5
4dProof
Advisor

you can pin it to a renovation filter, set it's home story and make it only show on that story... if they are identical, why do you need two? is it a different 3d design? like an iterative study? I use layers or renovation filter for these types of option swaps

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Johann_P
Advocate

Thanks 4dProof.
I using the renovation filter already in the particular view, so unfortunately will not work here.
(btw. do you know if additional renovation filters can be created?)

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000

Hey @Johann_P , 

For what I know, Renovation filter yes, you can create more, but Renovation status not. There are only 3: Existing/To be demolished/New. That might be limiting for what you want to do with the visibility of stairs.
What might get you where you want (but I am not entirely sure you can hide everything) is that on the stair setting level, you can select for a stair whether the Floor Plan display is defined by MVO or in the Stair Selection Setting, and set different settings for one of the stairs.

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 19.35.28.png

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Rajesh Patil
Expert

Is it possible for you to share plan, section of the same. Also 3 crop 3D view will be more helpful.

I am asking these things to understand if the drawn elements are on the same story or arranged on different stories? would be easier to suggest once I get better clarity.

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
ryejuan
Advisor

i think the best way still are layers, you just need to set different layer combinations that will correspond to your different views... other functions are meant for other purposes like renovation filter... 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Learn and get certified!