Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hide floor slab material and line in section

EH21
Booster
In section, when cutting through a space with no floor (e.g. vaulted ceiling or stairway), is there a way to make the side of the floor slab appear the same as the wall with no side texture or lines? I have the side of the floor slabs set to the siding material for the exterior, but this causes problems when in section and vectorial 3d hatching is on (as I'd like for it to be). I'd also like for the line between floors and walls above and below to disappear. Or, is there a better way to be modeling?
ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
5 REPLIES 5
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Hi, you can select the slab and edit the material on each side. This should work if the side of the slab you want a different or no texture is hidden. If part of the slab is exposed on the exterior and part is not then you would have to have a different solution. You can also cover the area which you would like to hide with a solid white fill.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Barry Kelly
If the side of the slab and the edged of the wall are perfectly in line and they have the same surface setting, they should blend with no joining line.

If you still see a line, have a look at the layer intersection priority number for each layer (I am assuming the wall and slab are in separate layers).
They should be the same if you want them to join.

Or check that you do not have 'Legacy' mode on in the Options > Project Preferences >Legacy menu.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
EH21
Booster
Thanks, Barry. Is there a way to make the inside edge material different from the exterior? My problem is that on the outside, I want it to be siding, but when I create an opening in the floor on the interior, I don't see a way to make it the same material as the rest of the walls. Thanks again.
Barry wrote:
If the side of the slab and the edged of the wall are perfectly in line and they have the same surface setting, they should blend with no joining line.

If you still see a line, have a look at the layer intersection priority number for each layer (I am assuming the wall and slab are in separate layers).
They should be the same if you want them to join.

Or check that you do not have 'Legacy' mode on in the Options > Project Preferences >Legacy menu.

Barry.
ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
Lingwisyer
Guru
If your exterior face is siding, you can just continue a composite wall past your slab edge.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
EH21 wrote:
Thanks, Barry. Is there a way to make the inside edge material different from the exterior? My problem is that on the outside, I want it to be siding, but when I create an opening in the floor on the interior, I don't see a way to make it the same material as the rest of the walls. Thanks again.

You can activate the pet palette on a slab edge in plan or 3D and the last icon on the top line allows you to change the surface material.
You can then apply it to just that one edge, selected polygon (in the case of a hole) or all edges.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11