BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Hide vertices 3D Script from imported mesh

jc4d
Expert
Hi all,

I have created a custom object in C4D and exported to archicad22, the problem I have is when I see the object in 3D view all the vertices lines are visible, and I can't find a way to hide them in the 3D script.
I tried converting the object into Morph, but the amount of line code is huge compared with this.
Is there a way to do it?

Cheers,
Juan
3 REPLIES 3
make a morph out of it...and resave as gdl (the fastest)

Piotr
jc4d
Expert
Piotr wrote:
make a morph out of it...and resave as gdl (the fastest)

Piotr
It is faster even the amount of line code is bigger?

Cheers,
Juan
Barry Kelly
It is faster in that you can edit the individual sub-elements (lines) of the morph and hide just the ones you want to.
Or you can select the entire morph and hide all the lines in one go and maybe then show just a few that you need for clarity.
You do this to the morph in 3D before you save it as an object again.

You can do this with the masking codes in your original script (don't ask me which ones), but it is a real pain (almost impossible in fact) to figure out with line is which if you want to control individual lines.
I am not sure if there is an overall mask - maybe something to do with the 'BODY' command at the end.
I vaguely remember playing around with this before morphs came along - I haven't bothered since.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!