Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Holes in Plans that should not be there.

Eric Milberger
Advocate

There should not be any gaps in the walls - these show as I work on the plan but do not show in the model     w2.PNGw1.PNG

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
5 REPLIES 5
Rajesh Patil
Expert

Selected wall in plan shows solid elements operation, turn all the layers on and see which operator is affecting the 2d display. Check this in 3D window than 2D. Hope this could be one of the reasons.  

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
DGSketcher
Legend

@Eric Milberger Check the renovation display settings. Could the openings be Demolitions that are active in plan but hidden in the 3D model e.g. if you have the same renovation setting in 2D & 3D are the openings still present in 2D and not in 3D?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

OK found the issue.  It was footings.  The tops were at 0.00 and the bottom of the wall was at 0.00  That caused the wall to stop when it came to the footing.

Was able to drop footings 4" below slab BUT that should not happen.

Lingwisyer
Guru

I put all of my footings on a layer with a different intersection group than my walls to prevent weird intersections like this, though they are usually beams anyway. Also allows for easier selection, isolation and display modifications.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I did mine hte same just a little hard to find sometimes