BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Home story settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Archicad 16 I could change the home story of walls, furniture, slabs...anything and the change only took place in floor plan view but they didn't change original elevation. I was using that for example to hide all beams from the main blueprint, but still keep them where they belong in the section cut and can see them anytime in story level named ''beams''. I also use this trick to hide some complex profiles for walls and others, that don't show properly on floor plan and then fix the problem with lines and fills and also for a lot of other cases. In Archicad 18 I can't do this the same way, when I change the home story of an object, they change elevation in 3D. Are there any setting that I can use to apply this trick again?
5 REPLIES 5
Dontknow
Enthusiast
To hide objects it's easier to hide the layer where they are on.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use layers too, but my method works really well with big or complex objects in big projects , I don't have to wait them to load again and again on floor plan or elevation with shadows. My PC is pretty old.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
kamenator:

The command you are looking for is Relink Home Story..., select the elements and then right-click, it is near the top of the context (right-click) menu.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
To reply your trick you can set elevation using "zero project" anchor and manually adjusting elevation. Beware i've said manually and this is a bad thing, i prefer layer and layer combination solution.
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Advantage of hiding a layer is that you don't have to select the objects.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Learn and get certified!