BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

HomeDB for Labels

JaseBee
Advocate
Just wondering if anybody has a way for labels to read their own HomeDB data instead of the associated part they're linked to?

Would be super helpful. Thanks.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
If you are using REQUEST ("HomeDB_info",... and the label is associative, doesn't that give the same result?

From the GDL manual...
For labels the returned data refers to the labeled element.
I would imagine it would have a problem with a non-associative label.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
JaseBee
Advocate
Yes your are right, it does give the same result, if you are labelling on the plan you placed the associated element on.

However I'm referring to the situation where you're labelling an element you ,for example, placed on the floor plan, but then labelled in an elevation.

I would like to make some live legends and keys that only show information that is actually present on the drawings.

There might be ways to do this without the HomeDB request but it would sure make it easier if the labels knew where they were.

At the moment all I can think of is the GLOB_VEIW_TYPE, but they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an elevation and interior elevation. Which isn't the worst, but I'd like it to be better if possible.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Learn and get certified!