BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Hotlink entirely different projects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to have lets say three different buildings with different story heights, some with one more or less story, and hotlink each one of them inside a master pln file. This is the first time i am trying this..

So far i have managed to do it (sort of), BUT

when displaying a story lets say the first floor, things do not show up in some buildings, and i guess that is because first floor is in a different height for each building.
Is there a way to fix this? an option to show all first floors no matter their height.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is possible to link many files together all with different storey heights.

The project I am currently working on is a hospital campus where I have 11 existing buildings all with differing floor to floor heights each modelled in separate files. These files are then hotlinked into a campus file, you need to make sure there are enough storeys in the campus file to accommodate the number of storeys in the linked files (and relative storey offsets eg first storey in one model is second in another). When hotlinking link entire model and select option to keep existing top links

Regards
Scott
Lingwisyer
Guru
What you see is defined by the Floor Plan Cut Plane which given different base heights will not line up between your different blocks. As far as I know, the only way to get around this is to split your plans by building, then set specific FPCP for each view that accommodates the relevant offset. These are then aligned back up on a layout. A Hotspot could be used to align things if there is no clean building junction to use.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes this time i was lucky all i had to do was import one building one story higher than the other and the plans align, otherwise we would be splitting the plans as you said
Learn and get certified!