Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Hotlink: not scaling / panning with model

Johann_P
Advocate
I have run into an issue that is preventing me from continuing entirely.

All are plan views.

The circle in the middle of the screen is my entire model.
The objects in the top left corner appeared and I don't know what it is nor how to delete it.

When I pan the drawing, my model moves but the objects in the top left stays stationary.
The same when I zoom: my model moves but the objects are not affected by the zoom.
And I cant seem to zoom enough to make my model visible, and I cant zoom onto the rogue objects.

When I change the scale, the object do seem to scale with the drawing, but I still cant seem to do anything with them.

When I open my layout and open source view, it takes me back to the view with the objects.
These objects are visible in all my plans (both project map and view map) making it impossible to do any work.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried save, close and (Re)Open... > Open and Repair Selected File (Checkbox)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also check for any hotlink or xref with elements accidentally saved far from the main drawing.
Johann_P
Advocate
Thanks Paulo,

It seems it is related to a hotlink.

I removed all the hotlinks, and the file showed correctly.
I then reloaded the one hotlink and the "rogue objects" show again.

But neither zoom nor pan has any effect on the rogue objects.....

But thank you for the help, with the hotlinks removed I can continue working, but I will have to re-hotlink them eventually....

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very strange.
Later, you could make a dummy copy of the file and explode/unlink the hotlink and check for any unexpected element/geometry.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Have you opened the Hotlink and zoomed to extents with all layers on to see what I could be?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

As Ling suggested, in the hotlink module, please try to make all layers visible and try to zoom with Fit in Window button and see if it zoom out very far away. What you described in this case looks similar to the Far from Origin issue. When there are elements placed far from the origin, or far from each other, there might be some strange issues with the project in 2D and 3D.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Johann_P
Advocate
Thanks all who has been contributing to this.

Perhaps good to mention that I upgraded to Archicad25 late last week and only noticed the issue early this week.

All the models and hotlinks worked fine in Archicad24, so I back-saved the models to Archicad24 and everything seems to work fine now.

I have contacted our supplier of Archicad and I've sent all the files to Graphisoft.

In the meanwhile, we will continue in Archicad24 as the hotlinks seem to work in this version.
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!