Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can I change default story linking in 3D?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I want to change the default to "By elevation" when z-dragging elements in the 3D view. Possible?
Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
5 REPLIES 5
Tim Ball
Expert
Right click and change storey
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Tim wrote:
That's what I don't want to do. I want "by elevation" to be the default so I just can drag stuff upwards/downwards without having to manually change story belogning.
AC 25 SWE Full

Barry Kelly
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Tim wrote:
That's what I don't want to do. I want "by elevation" to be the default so I just can drag stuff upwards/downwards without having to manually change story belonging.
I believe dragging in 3D will keep the current home storey unless you amend it as Tim suggested.
I don't think there is any option to change this functionality.

Cutting & pasting in the floor plan between storeys will change the home storey.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Tim wrote:
That's what I don't want to do. I want "by elevation" to be the default so I just can drag stuff upwards/downwards without having to manually change story belonging.
I believe dragging in 3D will keep the current home storey unless you amend it as Tim suggested.
I don't think there is any option to change this functionality.

Cutting & pasting in the floor plan between storeys will change the home storey.

Barry.
Suspected that. Have to deal with elements not showing up ... One of ArchiCADs most appealing features is working in 3D...sketchup style.
AC 25 SWE Full

jl_lt
Ace
I made a wish about this elsewhere. The default opction should be what mr. Mats suggests, because it's very annoying to manually change levels (it does work when one uses the multiply command though).

One should also be given the option to define a range (i.e. object placed 5cm below level line still belongs to that level)