Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can I change the Basic Zone Stamp in the template?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I am just working on the template and setting up a few Zones in the Attribute Manager.
I can select a Zone Stamp but I am not happy with the information and look of it.

I know I can change this manually in the Zone Tool Settings. But I wonder if there is a settings page where I can change the overall settings of the stamp to create a new office master and apply this to all my zones.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The best way is to create a favourite with the settings you want.
Then use that favourite.
You can actually set many favourites with different settings for different situations.

Otherwise you could open the zone stamp with the GDL editor, make the settings you want in the parameter list, and then 'SAVE AS" a new object.
Place this in the embedded library or your office standard library if you have one.
Now use this new zone stamp in your zones.
Just be aware it will never be updated if the GS zone stamp is ever amended in an update.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry.

Thank you, that helped a lot.

Do you know if I can save this new favorite zone stamp in my library and how? I don't want to touch the GDL editor.

My co-worker just told me, that he used to change zone stamp settings in the 'zone selection settings' tool. But we can't find it. Do you know where this settings box hide?

Isabel
Barry Kelly
isabel wrote:
Do you know if I can save this new favorite zone stamp in my library and how? I don't want to touch the GDL editor.

If you have saved a favourite, then it will be available only in the file you saved it in.
It is not part of a loaded library.
However you can 'Export' them (in a group) from that file to a folder on your local drive and then 'Import' them into any other file.
In fact, I export them to my office library so all users have access to them.
Of course if they are in you template, there is no need to import/export as they are already there in each new job based on the template.

isabel wrote:
My co-worker just told me, that he used to change zone stamp settings in the 'zone selection settings' tool. But we can't find it. Do you know where this settings box hide?
The zone stamp you want to use for a zone is set in Options menu > Element Attributes > Zone Categories - this is where you set up your zones.
The settings of the stamp in each placed zone is made from the zone tool settings - the tool you use to place the zone.
Different stamps may have different settings.
The Info Box gives you some control of the basic settings like font, colour, etc., but to alter the content of the stamp you have to open the settings dialogue (CTRL+T).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11