BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can I delete/trim lines with Hatchings etc.?

Victoria
Participant

Hello there,

I want to delete all red lines that lie behind the white, blue-framed hatchings and I thought there must be a feature to do this in one step (like Linework Consolidation Setting or the similar one for hatching, something like the illustrator-pathfinder or even boolean operators) - but there is nothing and even the linework consolidation doesn't understand, that I JUST want the blue lines. Is there maybe a publisher function to not publish hidden lines into the PDF?
They can't overlap, because this is a file meant for a laser cutter and it has to be very precise.

I also tried the pathfinder in Illustrator to use the hatching as a "cutter", but it also doesn't work, since it can only substract two things from another...

Has anyone a good tip?
Have a nice day/evening and thanks in advance 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
NandoMogollon
Advocate

There's no "feature" as you describe it. It reminds me of the old "Cookie cutter" command in AutoCAD.

It doesn't look like a million of fills... have you tried Selecting all the Fills (fill tool/ctrl+A), then press and hold the Ctrl key as you click/trim the lines?

The only other trick I can think of - but have not tested it- is to print/publish to a vectorial format, just to bring it back and explode....

I know that's a trick to separate fills from their perimetral polylines.... 

Hope it helps

Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
DGSketcher
Legend

@Victoria Why don't you expand "Find & Select" e.g. add Pen Colour to the attributes to separate out the blue lines & then move them to a different layer? If they are an embedded (?) then as Nando suggests could you explode the shape (or a copy) and then extract the blue lines with F&S?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Victoria
Participant

thank you for the tips, @DGSketcher , I want to keep the blue lines and delete the red ones underneath them. 

@NandoMogollon , what do you mean by "then press and hold the Ctrl key as you click/trim the lines?"? I 

Learn and get certified!