Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How can I mirror an Object and a morph on Z axis?

William Yan
Expert

Hey guys , I found a problem. How can I mirror an Object and  a morph on Z axis? Thank you.

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

but I can't mirror morph in the elevation/section. When I use mirror and click in the elevation/section view, it always mirrored left and right, not up and down (Z axis)

Or only I can do is mirror it in the same elevation and rotate the new one 180° and move it up to the original one??

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ryejuan
Advisor

For objects it depends but for morph on the other hand you can go to 3d view and mirror from there or you can create an elevation/ section view then mirror from there. 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Solution

but I can't mirror morph in the elevation/section. When I use mirror and click in the elevation/section view, it always mirrored left and right, not up and down (Z axis)

Or only I can do is mirror it in the same elevation and rotate the new one 180° and move it up to the original one??

surprisingly you can't mirror a morph you can only rotate and mirror it then bring back to the same location or your preferred axis point. 😐

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

yeah, I can't make it. Can you show me a GIF or some op videos. I use mirror function, and want to drag a mirror line,  when I first click the view, they mirrored side by side.

miero.gif

This is the way you can do it a bit of a work around...

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

OK, Thank you for your reply. So you can't mirror morph on z axis directly either, haha. I am balanced.😁