BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How can I model a small bent spiral (attach)?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I converted a sketchup object but need to modify the spiral and thought I 'd better do the spiral myself but I got stuck. How would you model this? It does't have to be perfect.
Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
There is spiral object in ArchiCAD library under Basic Shapes section. But it's not bending. Maybe someone worldwide has created bended spiral object - but I didn't see.
Maybe you need to model it in more advanced modeller. Try Blender. I assume it would be faster to do it in external animation program than trying to figure out how to do it in ArchiCAD. I, with my 20+ years experience, don't know anything apart having it programmed on GDL, that in case of bended spiral is not straight forward. I will need at least several days to figure out how to describe mathematically bended spiral path to program the object.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Podolsky wrote:
There is spiral object in ArchiCAD library under Basic Shapes section. But it's not bending. Maybe someone worldwide has created bended spiral object - but I didn't see.
Maybe you need to model it in more advanced modeller. Try Blender. I assume it would be faster to do it in external animation program than trying to figure out how to do it in ArchiCAD. I, with my 20+ years experience, don't know anything apart having it programmed on GDL, that in case of bended spiral is not straight forward. I will need at least several days to figure out how to describe mathematically bended spiral path to program the object.
Yes probably the way in Blender. GDL math is for Yoda.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
David O
Booster

Hi Mats

Did you manage to get your spiral made? If not let me know the sizes & I will make for you

Regards

David

Learn and get certified!