BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can i change the orbit shortcut in the mouse ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
how can i change the shortcut of the orbit -in the selection mode- which is as default (middle mouse button + shift) to be only by clicking on the middle mouse button just like SektchUp.
as i am using both softwares, it make it a way harder for me to work fast on my projects
if any body has any idea plz share it with me
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Don't think you can reassign it in ArchiCAD, however you might be able to use software for your mouse to setup a profile for ArchiCAD to change behaviour of the button.

'O' also activates orbit, if that helps.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
however you might be able to use software for your mouse to setup a profile for ArchiCAD to change behaviour of the button.

'O' also activates orbit, if that helps.
thanks for your reply, can you point to a specific software name ?
Lingwisyer
Guru
Depends on you mouse manufacture. If you use a Logitech mouse, it would be LGS or Logitech Options depending on whether you are using one of their gaming or office mice. Razer has a program called Synapse for their peripherals. Other brands have their own. Some that work well, others that do not. I do not know of any generic software to do this as it has to do with the mouse drivers but there might be something around...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I use setpoint for logitech, but as pointed out by Ling, that most likely only works for logitech mice.

Unless you have some extremely cheap non-brand mouse, there would be something out there.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!