Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do I adjust how deep a window sill projection is?

Bill
Contributor
I would like the window sill to not project past the face of the exterior wall, but can't find where to control this...

Thanks!
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this an Archicad regular window?
If so, select your window > Basic Window Settings > Fixtures and Fittings > Sill
Hope this helps.
Bill
Contributor
Braza,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's a basic Archicad window.

In that dialog box, I can control how far the window sill overhangs left and right (parallel to the wall), but I don't see where I can control its projecting depth perpendicular to the wall.
Bill Szustak RA

Anonymous
Not applicable
This one?
Bill
Contributor
Correct, that one... but it won't let me set the value to 0 so that the sill doesn't project.

Are you able to set it to 0? Actually, mine won't go less than 3/4" but I don't understand what's controlling that, either.
Bill Szustak RA

Anonymous
Not applicable
This parameter is related with your casing thickness... So it won't allow for a hang less then your casing thickness... Which seems logic for a sill. Do you really want the sill set back to the window frame?
Bill
Contributor
In dealing with some existing conditions, actually, yes... and it's not so much that the sill is proud of the casing but that the sill is proud of the wall. Dealing with a couple of situations where the existing building has been re-sided and the new siding extends past the window (not ideal, I know, but it's what's there).

Changing that wall closure to custom helped get me close enough, it's not past but it's not sticking out as far.

Thanks for your help!
Bill Szustak RA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Fair enough.
In alternative, you could create an empty opening and fill it with another transparent wall with a proper width. Then insert your window in this transparent wall. This way you'd have total control of your window width without changing the wall.