Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do I change the Plasma TV's Screen Image?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to change the displayed picture from the picture of flowers, to a photo rendered image of my house. The idea is there are several TVs and it is a security camera monitor. I already have the images I will use, but I don't know how to actually use them.

Can anyone give me a good step by step instruction on this?
Or even better is there a GDL file that is the same TV but has a nicer way to change the image?

I am using ArchiCAD 15 EDU - Build 3006

I have included one of the images I am trying to use if it helps any.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you have the image you want to display loaded in the project library (we use a project specific library folder for things such as this, but the process may have changed slightly with Embedded libraries), then in the TV object's parameters turn "Picture on Screen" ON, "Use Custom Picture" ON and enter your image's name in the Custom Picture Name line, where I have "picturenamehere.jpg" in the image below.
Screen shot 2012-06-13 at 10.39.17 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you give me a little more info on what you mean by putting it into the library? Like do I just load it in the library manager, or copy it to the actual folder in the archicad installation folder?
Anonymous
Not applicable
mcdudeman wrote:
Could you give me a little more info on what you mean by putting it into the library? Like do I just load it in the library manager, or copy it to the actual folder in the archicad installation folder?
You can load the image individually using Library Manager, (just go to LM, click on the Add button, find the image file and Choose/OK), just make sure it is somewhere permanent and is not going to move. Or put it in a folder which gets loaded with Library Manager.

Within each project we have a folder set up for project specific objects which gets loaded with LM. These are generally one-off objects that will not be required on other jobs. We would place images for your situation here. We also have an Office Library which is for downloaded or created objects that might be used on any job. We then load the Archicad Library, Migration Library (if necessary), the Office Library and the Project Library.

Its not normally recommended to add things to Archicad Library folders as they get updated from time to time, and updates will overwrite modifications you have made.

HTH