Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do you handle windows spanning the current floor and the lower floor?

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1665415417532.png

In the cross section, if the opening is treated as hide, a problem arises. So it was best for me to do the 19th line, but I couldn't do what the cursor was pointing to. How do you

LeeJaeYoung_1-1665416029865.png

I think there might be a problem with hiding the opening in the Mvo in the plan view.
How are you dealing with it?

LeeJaeYoung_2-1665416136120.png

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the elevation view.
I might be right to deal with this.
I wonder how Archicad thinks.

Is "rectangular window opening 25" the correct answer?

or

Is "SOE" the correct answer?

Everyone has one problem. ㅠㅠ

AC27 on window 11
4 REPLIES 4
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I don't think this is the answer.
Even in the case of 35 floors, I don't think this is the case.

해결 된 문제 : 여러 이야기에 걸친 Windows - Graphisoft 커뮤니티

What a fun story.
Revit requires a connection when the wall is up and down.
Of course, Archicad is automatically connected.
By the way, this function connects the windows that span up and down.
It's ironic. ^^
I really hated this feature of Revit, but I'm envious today ^^

LeeJaeYoung_0-1665456307331.png

AC27 on window 11

That is the only solution now, as a window or door can only belong to one wall and cut a hole in that wall,   The empty opening that has to be inserted into the other wall(s) unfortunately has to be manually moved with the window or door to keep the model correct… and of course the empty opening needs to be filtered out of all schedules.

in the images that you posted, though, I don’t understand why this window or door is spanning two walls anyway.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Karl, you may be aware that some windows can span two floors when there is a small air gap on the next floor up and between the floor edge and the wall ? I have seen it done in many renovations and re-purposed buildings liked church renovations etc. Bit like a mezzanine floor but with a small air gap. They do this for heritage reasons mainly to preserve the current location of the old windows. Then some might do it like this for some other design considerations.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

LeeJaeYoung_0-1665474491203.png

Staircase window.
If the walls of the 1st to 5th floors are not used as a single wall and a window is inserted, there will be two windows on the floor. symptoms appear.
You can adjust the floor plan cut setting, but this will affect other drawings.

AC27 on window 11