Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How exactly do i report a bug?

gdford
Advisor

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
6 REPLIES 6

A legitimate question. You will likely get told that this is a user forum and that you should contact your local support... I personally don't see why this community hasn't a bug report/list feature. Guess someone like to keep it under the rug...

Email to support@Graphisoft.com

You should get an automated response with a case number and a follow up after that when they contact you for support.

This forum is not for that, no. matter what subforum they may have for support. As we see here, Graphisoft participation/interaction is pretty low; especially for technical reports, etc.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
DGSketcher
Legend

It depends where you are in the world. Some local offices e.g. Graphisoft UK, provide an excellent service, others are literally none existent. I find reporting locally usually means there is a quick resolution, if you try to go direct to GSHQ you might have to wait for a response.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

In Australia, CI has a support portal where you log your bugs or technical support issues. I would assume if you are on a select/forward/ongoing agreement that there would be some sort of support process you would be advised to follow. I would suggest that you speak with your local Graphisoft office/reseller to determine their specific process.

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
Ole
Advocate

@gdford wrote:

I interpreted your question differently than the others at first. There is "an art" to writing a good bug report. It is not always easy to explain the bug to the person receiving it. 😁

See https://www.browserstack.com/guide/how-to-write-a-bug-report for example.

ARCHICAD since 4.55 | macOS current | AC 26 current

That's a great link/resource. Thanks!

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System